Homicide is the killing of a person by another. In Colorado, there are various degrees of homicide:
- First Degree Murder – C.R.S. § 18–3-102
- Second Degree Murder – C.R.S. § 18–3-103
- Manslaughter – C.R.S. § 18–3-104
- Criminally Negligent Homicide – C.R.S. § 18–3-105
- Vehicular Homicide – C.R.S. § 18–3-106
- First Degree Murder of a Peace Officer or Firefighter – C.R.S. § 18–3-107
The main differences between the degrees are the state of mind of the accused, the manner in which the crime was committed, and the circumstances surrounding the act.
Protect Your Rights | Contact The Firm
If you have been charged or are being investigated for any degree of homicide, it is crucial to contact an attorney before making any statements to law enforcement. In other words, exercise your right to remain silent. Hiring the right team of attorneys can mean the difference between life in prison, the death penalty, or freedom. Call 303–578-4400 or fill out our online form to contact our firm and discuss your case with our experienced defense attorneys.