Andrea is a founding partner at Rathod Mohamedbhai LLC. Through her and career, Andrea has developed a penchant for contract interpretation, as well as for social justice. As a first generation Brazilian-American, her unique voice makes her an effective advocate for her clients and adds perspective to an increasingly diverse legal landscape. Andrea is fortunate to be able to provide a voice to those who are often afraid to come out of the shadows.
Currently, Andrea’s practice includes advocating on behalf of employees who have suffered discrimination in the workplace and individuals who have suffered abuses of their civil rights. On a pro bono basis, Andrea also assists numerous clients with underlying immigration matters. Resolution of immigration issues often provides our clients with confidence to come forward with the abuses they have suffered.
Prior to joining Rathod Mohamedbhai LLC, Andrea was a senior associate at Denver-area law firm, where her practice focused on commercial litigation, insurance bad faith and construction defect defense. While there, Andrea oversaw litigation and trial strategy for multiple cases, and successfully defended several appeals. She also worked closely with Spanish-speaking clientele to ensure that their narratives were not misunderstood.
Before this experience, Andrea practiced commercial litigation at another Denver-area law firm. Notably, Andrea represented a basketball manager against a former Denver Nuggets player. During this case, she used her Portuguese language skills to draft pleadings, review contracts, and depose witnesses. In another case, she successfully sued a national bank chain for disbursing her client’s home equity line of credit to a Ponzi scheme in violation of its home equity credit agreement.
Following law school, Andrea served as a law clerk to the Honorable Herbert L. Stern III for the 2nd Judicial District of Colorado. As a law clerk, Andrea drafted the majority of the court’s orders on both substantive and procedural matters.
Andrea graduated Cum Laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 2001. During law school, Andrea served as a legal intern to the Honorable Thomas S. Wilson, Jr. in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Miami-Dade County, Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration Law
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Notable Jury Verdicts & Settlements
- Jessica Hernandez v. Denver Police Department (excessive force), $1 Million
- Baltazar et al. v. Vail Run Resorts (employment discrimination), $1 Million
Honors and Awards
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA) Case of the Year — Baltazar et al. v. Vail Run Resorts, 2016
- University of Miami School of Law, cum laude, Juris Doctorate, 2001
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1997
- Colorado Advocacy in Action Conference (CAIA), 2016 – Presented on immigration relief for victims of workplace violence.
- Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families (Latin American Heritage Camp), 2016 & 2017 – Presented on Brazilian culture for adopted children and their families.